Kitchen/diner which is smartly presented, very well equipped with a touch control halogen hob and built-under oven, fridge with ice compartment and microwave. The small dining area has a table to seat 4. A washing machine is housed in the adjacent garage. Small shower room with basin, WC and shower enclosure. Spiral stairs rise to the very spacious carpeted studio room that extends the length of the building. This most attractive room includes a comfortable seating area with two sofas (both single sofa beds), flame effect electric fire, TV with DVD, and at the far end a sumptuous 5ft bed, plump with luxury cushions. 3 large velux windows with blinds give plenty of light and overlook the garden and surrounding countryside.
The adjacent garage has washing machine and storage area for wellingtons and coats. There is a private bricked terrace area with table and chairs and gardens extend out from the studio and are shared with the owners, who respect their guests’ privacy. Lawns and large trees slope down to a pond with a poolside terrace. A summerhouse provides a quiet spot to enjoy the garden from. Many footpaths are close to the studio, including fields where the farmer allows dogs to run.
Parking: In gated parking area shared with owners (maximum of 2 cars).
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi, electricity and heating (underfloor electric heating downstairs).
- Pets: One dog only welcome. (Must get on with owners’ friendly dog)
- Telephone: No telephone. Mobile reception good.
- Local Facilities: Beaches at Thurlestone 2.5 miles and Salcombe 5 miles. Shops, pubs, restaurants Kingsbridge 2 miles and Salcombe 5 miles.
- Note: This property is not suitable for young children, elderly or infirm due to the nature of the stairs.
Piers Lodge is a bijou studio cottage, perfect for two and situated centrally between Salcombe and Thurlestone, adjacent to both roads that lead to these two ideal holiday destinations, their wonderful beaches and the superb coastline of the South Hams. This very comfortable property is a real South Devon bolt hole and overlooks a lovely garden, grounds and surrounding countryside.