Aarons is a light and airy, attractive barn conversion situated in a small hamlet in one of the finest areas of the Dartmoor National Park. Despite the secluded location, it is ideally located for exploring both Devon and Cornwall with the A30 only a short drive away.
The delightful ancient stannery town of Chagford, (two and a half miles) offers excellent shops, restaurants and pubs as well as the famous Gidleigh Park Hotel (two Michelin Stars). Along with glorious walking, riding, beautiful gardens and historic sites in the area, there is so much to do all year round. The National Trust's Castle Drogo can be glimpsed from the house. Should you ever tire of the dramatic, compelling landscape of Dartmoor, then Devon's oldest seaside town Exmouth, the gateway to the Jurassic Coast, which boasts two miles of sandy beach is an easy 30 mile drive and a World Heritage site. The coasts both North and South are easily reached.
The spectacular surfing beaches of North Cornwall and Devon are also easily accessed, as is Exeter, Devon's capital city and home to the magnificent Exeter Cathedral. The shortest journey time from London, Paddington to Exeter, St Davids is 2 hours and Exeter is just over 18 miles away from the property.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Ground floor bedroom with 5' king size bed and en-suite bathroom.
- Ground floor bedroom with 3' twin zip and link single beds (can be converted into a 6' super king bed on request).
- Ground floor bedroom with twin 3' single beds.
- Bedroom with 5' king size bed.
- Family bathroom.
- Shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Fully enclosed rear garden.
- Off street parking for three vehicles.
- Children of all ages welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Electric double oven with halogen hob.
- Larder fridge freezer.
- Washing machine.
- Tumble dryer.
- Smart television with Freeview,
- DVD/CD player.
- Mobile telephone.
- Two travel cots and two high chairs Along with a children's table and chairs, toy box and outdoor toddler toys (available on request).
- Garage available for secure storage of bikes and leisure equipment.
- Garden furniture.
A light and airy, attractive barn conversion situated within the Dartmoor National Park. Despite the secluded location offering wonderful views across the Teign Valley, the property is ideally located for exploring Devon and Cornwall being only a short drive from the A30.