Middle Hollacombe Farmhouse is comfortable and spacious. A large, well equipped kitchen with a big farmhouse table, spacious sitting room with inglenook fireplace, luxurious bathrooms, comfy sofas and beds are all appreciated by our guests. The thoughtfully designed interior combines its history as a traditional Devon Longhouse with contemporary, convenient, eco-friendly living. It is a welcoming and relaxing place to stay regardless of the weather.
The Farmhouse is tucked away in a gentle, secluded valley surrounded by traditional Devon farmland and set within its own landscaped garden. A true rural retreat for relaxation or exploration. At one end of the house, the master bedroom is light, spacious and comfortable with an en-suite bathroom. At the other end the double bedroom has its own adjoining studio retreat. A space for relaxation, artistic pursuits or just enjoying the views.
Middle Hollacombe is in the heart of Devon between moor and coasts. Lush countryside with rolling hills and woodland gives way to rugged Dartmoor just 10 miles away. Crediton, a mile and a half away, has an historic station with free parking. Tarka Line trains run as far as the North Devon Coast at Barnstaple and to Exmouth in the South. There are good walks and cycle rides from a number of stations en- route. Either North or South Devon coasts can be reached, by car, in under an hour. The City of Exeter is 9 miles away with rail links throughout the country. Walkers and cyclists are attracted to the many opportunities this area offers. The Two Moors Way footpath passes within two miles of the Farmhouse.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Master bedroom with 6' super king size bed and en-suite bathroom.
- Bedroom with 5' king size bed and en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom with 3' twin single beds and en-suite shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Private garden with patio and pergola.
- Parking for three vehicles.
- Children over 7 years are welcome. Sorry, no babies.
- Sorry, no pets.
- WiFi* (please see notes)
- Sorry, no fireworks due to nearby livestock.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Underfloor heating throughout
- Air ventilation system to create pleasant indoor conditions and reduce allergens.
- Free standing range with electric ovens and eight gas burners.
- Washing machine.
- Tumble dryer.
- Televisions in family room and sitting room.
- DVD, radio, and iPod docking station.
- Garden furniture.
- Your complimentary hamper will contain locally sourced products, most of them produced within a few miles of the farmhouse.
In glorious countryside between moor and coasts, this stunning and immaculate property in Middle Hollacombe has been created from the ruins of an ancient Devon longhouse. It combines tradition with stylish, eco-friendly living and features two original medieval fireplaces.